2nd trip to Honduras - August 29, 2011- October 7, 2011 - Maddie and Brett meeting Justin for the first time. One of the INFHA workers asks Justin if Mom and Dad are happy. He pauses, looks at us, and shakes his head yes.
![]() |
| August 2013 |
Justin - This morning before school he asked Brett if he wanted waffles so without hesitation Justin makes himself and Brett breakfast as Brett sits on the barstools watching him. His heart is pure and sweet.
Maddie - Ninety-nine percent of the time she was her sweet, sweet self. That girl is crazy amazing. She has taught me so many things in loving her new brother . She is the best big sister always looking out for Justin and Brett even thought she gets annoyed because they are too silly for her taste. In the beginning she would ask questions, and there were a few tears, but that didn't last too long. Most of the time Maddie was being Maddie - lovely.
| having a little too much fun with Justin washing my car |
![]() |
| Maddie bought her brothers Starbucks after Mom saying, heck no. |
And can I get another hallelujah for these two?! What a beautiful transformation of lives changed forever for the better. Brothers - I still look at them and see God's beautiful handiwork of faithfulness and grace. Brett loves Justin. He often says, "Mom, before Justin I had no one to play with, but now I do. Justin is fun." When I heard him say that for the first time I just about sang from the roof-top. I guess Maddie is chopped liver now. They did play beautifully before, but I guess just not all the crazy boy stuff Justin likes to play.
My husband, Bob, the rock of the family for sure, so patient and kind looking always to give grace where I am wanting to teach a lesson.
God took me beyond what I knew and could comprehend, but what I have learned again and again in these 2 years is that God is true to his word. He is faithful, kind, merciful, gracious, and loving.
We seem to be living the normal life these days, filled with school, work, volunteering, kid's games, and the occasional fight. haha. Yep, normal.
![]() |
| Justin baking in the kitchen with me, which he loves. |
| |
| Can we just take a serious picture? Geesh! Mother's Day 2013 |
.jpg)

.jpg)




Hi Sally, I would like to apologize. You had left a comment on my blog regarding my daughter's Smash Book Party that somehow got lost in my junk folder. I have had major issues with my internet. I don't know if it's too late, but I purchased the purple boxes at A Cherry on Top http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/product/156456
ReplyDeleteWe now have the internet issue resolved, it took us a couple of months to figure out the problem. Please contact me if you have any questions. Best!