modern

Thursday, March 24, 2011

We Have A Referral For You (February 18, 2011)

Bob arrived home 2 days later and we surprised the kids.

Blue (or pink) balloons and a cake was how I surprised Bob when each of the kids were born so this is how we surprised them with the good news. 
We have a referral for you. These are the 6 words that I knew would come...I just didn't know when. I had just stopped at a local bakery/cafe to pick up lunch and I was casually checking my emails on my Iphone. The first one I saw was from our caseworker at Buckner Adoption Agency. All it said was, "Sally, please call me" with a smiley face :) . The few emails that we have received while waiting have mostly been about "new" paperwork needed or papers needing to be changed so I didn't get too excited. Well after getting my lunch I stepped outside and sat down on their patio to call our caseworker because I was thinking, "What if this is really it?" Well it was!!!! She said, "Sally, we have a referral for you. It is a little boy". Oh my goodness. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. After her phone call I took a moment to take it all in and then I called Bob. He was just about to go on the air (He was in Canada with the Dallas Stars for a week long road trip). I called him and immediately said, "We have a referral. Its a boy!" He was so happy. I told him all the information in the few minutes that we had. I remember where I was sitting. I can take you to the exact spot. Was the wait long? Yes. Was it frustrating? Yes. Did I ever doubt if this is what the Lord wanted for our family? Yes. Was it worth the wait? Yes, Yes, and YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment